Apply to be an English Teacher in Madrid
If you are a native English speaker, have certificates and experience and you are interested in working with us in Madrid, Spain, please fill out our Teacher application form. We are currently recruiting native teachers to join us for the academic year (Oct-May), and we offer both full-time and part-time positions.
About Native Learn:
- The leading provider of extra-curricular English classes in Madrid
- We teach at 30+ schools and to 3,000+ students and employ 150 teachers
- We are making a difference by making English accesible to everyone through affordable and hi-quality lessons
- We offer scholarships to low-income students
- We make learning fun for students and teachers
- Auxiliar/ Teaching Assistant Position (10-25 hours per week): Teach at a one school during the day plus additional extra-curricular classes at the same school or a school nearby
- Full Time Teacher (at least 8 hours of group classes per week):
– A typical schedule: teaching at lunchtime (1-3 PM) and afterschool (4-6 PM) at two schools every day
– Optional private lessons as well as business classes with us to increase your total hours per week
– Can be combined with other commitments
- Part-Time Teacher (4 hours per week):
– Perfect complement for “Auxiliares de Conversacion”, students, interns or teachers looking to fill gaps
– Provides income stability, training, and valuable work experience
– Optional private lessons with us to increase your total hours per week
Your responsibilities as an English teacher:
- Implement and adapt the lesson plan given to you
- Follow Native Learn’s teaching methodology
- Teach at different schools and locations in Madrid during the day (all accessible by public transportation)
What Native Learn offers you as a teacher:
- A flexible schedule that suits your needs
- We offer a competitive fixed salary even during Christmas and Easter school holidays
- The opportunity to teach English to young learners, aged 3 to 15, as well as to adults
- Training to communicate our philosophy, methodology and procedures
- We provide support from our academic supervisors and feedback
Skills and needs that we are looking for:
- You are a native English Speaker (no exceptions)
- You have English teaching certificates and experience
- You have a passion for teaching young students
- You have a high sense of responsibility and are motivated
- You can commit to working in Madrid from October until May. We also run summer camps, so there is an opportunity to stay on year-round if there is mutual interest.
- You are fully authorized to work in Spain
- Spanish knowledge is not necessary because we only speak in English in the classroom and within the company
Steps to becoming an English teacher:
- If you are interested in this position and meet the job requirements, please fill out now our application form
- If we feel you are a good fit, we will get back to you and set up an interview in person at our office in Madrid, or by phone/Skype for those residing outside Madrid.
- Be ready to provide copies of all English teaching certificates, references from previous employers, a copy of your passport, and your NIE (if you have it). If you are not a legal resident or citizen of the EU, you will also need to provide evidence of work authorization.
- If successful, you will be hired, trained and assigned a class schedule.