Apply to be an Au Pair in Madrid
If you are a native English speaker aged 18 to 28 that enjoys looking after children and want to spend the summer in Madrid with a host family, please fill in our AuPair application form. We want to know more about you.
Please, fill in your contact information, and we will give you all the details.
We are looking for AuPair candidates that wish to spend 4 to 8 weeks this summer 2017 (generally between June and August) living with a Spanish host family based in Madrid.
Discover the adventure!
- Enjoy a wonderful summer in Madrid, Spain. Discover another culture and make new friends.
- Being an AuPair is a great way to improve your foreign language skills, gain international experience, and improve your CV.
- Get to know Spain and its people as they really are, by living with a real Spanish host family.
Your responsibilities and perks as an AuPair:
- As an Au Pair, you will be part of the family. You will act as a temporary big sister that takes care of little ones and helps them learn English. You will also help out with light household chores.
- You will have your own room and will receive 90 EUROs pocket money each week. Room and board are included at no additional cost.
- You will provide 25-30 hours/week of child-care with one day-off per week.
- You are only responsible for payment of your airplane tickets to/from Madrid from/to your home country. The rest of the living expenses during your stay will be covered by your host family in Spain.
- You are not required to know any Spanish
What Native Learn offers you as an AuPair:
- We select middle and high-income host families in Madrid that will take care of you during your entire stay. These families are excited to have a new family member join for the summer.
- An Au Pair Contract to clarify the agreements made with your new host family in writing. We will also provide assistance with any paperwork you may need (invitation letter from host family and medical insurance if you are a US citizen…).
- The opportunity to enhance your CV by teaching English to the children in the family. After au pairing, if you would like to remain in Spain, we can offer you a full-time job as an English teacher for the next schoolyear, from September to June.
- Opportunities to meet and socialize with other au pairs in Madrid.
- Help finding a language school near your host family, if you want to take Spanish lessons.
- Assistance during your stay in Madrid
Requirements to be an AuPair:
- You are a native English speaking female between 18 and 28.
- You have some prior experience taking care of children (baby-sitter, teacher, sports coach…)
- You are responsible and motivated.
- You can commit to be an au pair for at least 6 weeks in Madrid during the summer.
- You are a citizen of the European Union or a US citizen.
- Spanish knowledge is not necessary since Native Learn staff speaks English.
Steps to becoming an AuPair with one of our families:
- If you are interested and meet the requirements, please fill out now our AuPair application form
- If we feel you are a good fit, we will get back to you and set a personal interview (by phone/Skype or at our office in Madrid)
- Be able to provide a copy of your passport and reference letters.
- If successful during the interview, we will put you in touch with your new host family and you will be able to meet them (via Skype) to exchange views on mutual expectations as well as discuss the tasks you will be performing as an Au Pair as well as other important info (work schedule, pocket money, free time, travel arrangements, etc)..